Frequently asked questions
Many people who suffer from substance abuse cannot or do not want to receive treatment near where they live, or even in their home country. Travelling away for short-term treatment (28 days or more) is appealing because it allows individuals to put space between them and the environment that stimulated addictive behaviours. The natural spirituality of Bali can seem like a lifeline.
While your drug and alcohol rehabilitation includes a strict program to which we expect you to adhere, we also believe that part of your healing requires a return to a sense of fun and play. Choose from a huge range of activities, including surfing, diving, boating, arts and crafts, gardening, trekking through the jungles, mountain biking, experiencing the spiritual essence and culture of beautiful Bali, the list goes on.
Absolutely. Our VIP customs clearance team will meet you the moment you step off the plane, and bring you to an air conditioned lounge while we process you passport and baggage pickup. When that’s all done, they will escort you out of the terminal where one of our staff will be there to greet you and bring you to our treatment centre in air conditioned transport.
Any allergies, dietary requirements or unique requests can usually be catered for without any difficulty. Our menu, of which we’re very proud, is a mix of delicious European and Asian dishes.
We adhere to a strict code of professional ethics that focuses on honesty, integrity and client rights throughout the process.
Volunteering at local community centres and schools is a pivotal part of our drug and alcohol rehab program. We want you to reconnect with your better self, the generous you, the one who cares, the person you might have thought was gone forever.
- comfortable clothing for 7-10 days (laundry services are provided to help refresh your clothing throughout treatment)
- appropriate footwear
- exercise clothes/shoes
- a journal
- prescription medications in original bottles
- any paperwork in relation to your medication as discussed during pre-admission
- travel adapter for Indonesian power sockets (2 pin)
- copy of the travel/health insurance policy that we will provide you with
- non-prescribed medication
- revealing clothing
- clothing with offensive sayings or references to drugs or alcohol
- Yes, we do. Bali Beginnings offers you access to a number of alternative therapies which can complement your recovery, including art therapy, yoga, meditation, and massage / reflexology. Upon request and at a small additional costs, we can arrange additional therapies such as Reiki, acupuncture and hypnotherapy.
- Yes. Our drug and alcohol rehab service incorporates a two-day family component, beginning after your loved one’s initial 28-day recovery program. During this time, you will learn about addiction and recovery, and introduced to your own recovery program.
- We specialise in the treatment of alcohol addiction, drug addiction (illegal and prescribed), and dual diagnosis.
Our therapeutic community is intentionally remote, exclusive, small and affordable; accommodating only a select number of clients at any one time. It is designed for high levels of personal, customised care. Central to our drug and alcohol treatment program is the understanding that no two people are the same. Your experiences, your triggers, your life goals, your shames, hopes and fears – they all combine to make your treatment plan unique.
Discipline, integrity and commitment are the cornerstones of sustainable recovery. Our focus on client recovery extends well beyond the traditional parameters of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, and is specifically designed to ensure you have the tools and support you need to conquer your active addiction. For good.
Absolutely. As well as a range of other modalities and treatment approaches, we adhere to the 12-Step (Minnesota Model) Program, a therapeutic model that involves a thorough and ongoing client assessment and multiple therapeutic approaches, delivered by a team of counsellors, coaches, psychologists and nurses. The primary goal is lifetime abstinence from alcohol and drugs, and a better quality of life.
Yes. Our team consists of qualified Clinical Psychologists who conduct all one-to-one counselling sessions with our clients, as well as having addiction counsellors, consultants, registered nurses, and international life coaches with decades of experience in the field of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, on our team.
Yes. We use evidence-based methods derived from established psychological principles. These include: group and individual therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, narrative therapy, Motivational Interviewing, mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), meditation, and psychoeducation.
As an international therapeutic community, we are firmly focussed on providing drug and alcohol treatment that is sympathetic to pan-continental cultures and religious beliefs.
Get Help Now
ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT YOUR DRUG OR ALCOHOL USE?
CONTACT OUR CARING TEAM TODAY FOR A NON-JUDGEMENTAL DISCUSSION ABOUT YOUR SUBSTANCE USE AND HOW WE CAN EMPOWER YOU TO BUILD A LIFE IN RECOVERY
FROM SOME OF OUR VERY OWN TEAM MEMBERS...
Howard, our founder and grateful alcoholic came back from the brink of despair in a joyous story of recovery and reconciliation with family, with friends, with life.
Gary, our development director shares his experience with recovering addicts. This video shot a few years back shows Gary fresh out of rehab, and at the beginning of his amazing recovery.