LUXURY ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATMENT IN BALI
Alcohol addiction or ́alcoholism´ can be difficult to identify because unlike illicit drugs, alcohol is widely accepted in many cultures. Many people are not sure if they are ́alcoholics ́ or not, which can prevent them from accessing the support they need to build a healthier, more meaningful life.
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5) suggests that a person has an alcohol use disorder if they exhibit two or more of the following symptoms:
- Alcohol is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.
- There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control alcohol use.
- A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain alcohol, use alcohol, or recover from its effects.
- Craving, or a strong desire or urge to use alcohol.
- Recurrent alcohol use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home.
- Continued alcohol use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of alcohol.
- Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of alcohol use.
- Recurrent alcohol use in situations in which it is physically hazardous.
- Alcohol use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by alcohol.
- Tolerance, as defined by either of the following:
- a) A need for markedly increased amounts of alcohol to achieve intoxication or desired effect, or
- b) A markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of alcohol.
- Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:
- a) The characteristic withdrawal syndrome for alcohol
- b) Alcohol (or a closely related substance, such as a benzodiazepine) is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.
If you feel that the consequences of your drinking are building up, that you cannot stop on your own or that you would like to experience what life would be like without alcohol, we are here to help you find the relief and peace that comes from building a healthy life beyond alcohol addiction.
Reaching out to an addiction treatment centre requires an enormous amount of courage. Once you have taken this first step, our highly experienced team will welcome you to Bali Beginnings and help you to create the strongest foundation to build a life beyond alcohol addiction. Whilst many people fear that rehab will be scary and clinical, we can assure you that Bali Beginnings is an incredibly supportive and caring environment where you will be treated with respect, honesty and empathy.
Some of the key benefits of our alcohol addiction treatment program include:
- A maximum of 6 residential clients at any one time, allowing a very personalised approach to treatment in a comfortable, nurturing environment.
- Two in-house Clinical Psychologists and a large clinical team with first hand experience of addiction and expertise in the treatment of comorbid diagnoses such as post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression.
- Nursing staff onsite 24 hours per day/7 days per week, in accordance with best practice guidelines for safety and clinical care.
- Return flights
- VIP customs clearance service whereby you are greeted at the airport and taken directly to our luxury treatment facility
- Medical assessment
- Detox medication (where appropriate)
- Psychological assessment
- One to one psychotherapy involving a multitude of evidence-based approaches
- Diverse and intensive therapeutic program including educational workshops focused on understanding addiction and recovery; and well-being groups focused on principles of wellness such as emotional regulation and healthy communication
- A multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team with a mix of personal experience of addiction and recovery, as well as highly trained and experienced professionals within addiction treatment
- One-on-one support to engage with the 12 Step approach to recovery and attendance at local Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings
- A safe and relaxing treatment centre located in the beautiful area of Sanur
- Stimulating and fun-filled activities in Bali
- Yoga, mindfulness, meditation and massage
- Private en-suite bedroom
- All meals cooked by our in-house chef
- Access to fitness facilities
- Development of a continued recovery and relapse prevention plan
- Full ongoing aftercare services including weekly, online aftercare sessions provided at no-cost to our clients
Get Help Now
ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT YOUR DRUG OR ALCOHOL USE?
CONTACT OUR CARING TEAM TODAY FOR A NON-JUDGEMENTAL DISCUSSION ABOUT YOUR SUBSTANCE USE AND HOW WE CAN EMPOWER YOU TO BUILD A LIFE IN RECOVERY
FROM SOME OF OUR VERY OWN TEAM MEMBERS...
Howard, our founder and grateful alcoholic came back from the brink of despair in a joyous story of recovery and reconciliation with family, with friends, with life.
Gary, our development director shares his experience with recovering addicts. This video shot a few years back shows Gary fresh out of rehab, and at the beginning of his amazing recovery.